Dear fellow Diocese of Dallas Youth Leaders and Workers:
You are invited to REnewal 2019! After a summer that might have included long days, late nights, mission trips, summer camps and planning for the new school year, the Diocese of Dallas wants to say ’thank you’! They also want to provide an opportunity for its’ youth leaders and workers to:
- REcharge our spiritual batteries, our call to serve, and receive encouragement for starting another school year!
- REimagine what we might be called to "accomplish" in the next year; what might our ministries (and our lives) look like if we are better able to support each other?
- REbuild starting with trust in one another and an intentional discussion of our Diocesan level youth ministry efforts. Let's discover what would really be helpful for your specific ministries, not just a one-size-fits-all solution.
Let's build partnerships between churches!!
And get this: the cost of all of it - the food, the lodging, the bedding, the fellowship - is covered!
Just use the link below to register yourself (and/or your team) to claim your spot by Sunday, August 18th. We hope you will join with your fellow youth leaders and workers for a time of REnewal!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Your fellow Diocesan Youth Leaders and Workers
David Campbell, Youth Missioner
Bishop George Sumner & Canon Gilton & Camp All Saints
- When is it? August 22 - 24th. Check-in for those who have reserved their spot by August 18th begins at 3 P.M. at Camp All Saints in Pottsboro with dinner at 6 P.M. We will end after breakfast on Saturday, August 24th by 10 A.M.
- Is this really free? Well, it is to each of us. The Diocese is supportive of strengthening youth ministry programs and so they are sponsoring this retreat for us through the diocesan budget.
- What will we be spending our time doing? We will be eating and praying and worshipping together; we will also have some fun (we are youth workers- games will probably happen too!). The goal is to provide some time for youth leaders and workers to be alone (REcharge) as well as some time to build our relationships with each other (REbuild). Think low ropes course, group discussions, etc. We will also spend time with the new Youth Missioner, David Campbell, who also wears the hat of Executive Director Camp All Saints. What programs might we expect and how we can craft a continuity of ministry.
To improve connectedness with each other.
To encourage partnerships between our ministries
To vision interdependence in diocesan programs
In short: we are building a vision for 2020
- Will anyone try and sell me something? Is this really a build up to getting me to join an Amway group or buy into a timeshare? Nope. Nothing like that. The only thing we really want to sell is the idea that we are a better Body of Christ together than apart.
- If I have a specific question, who can I contact? Youth Missioner David Campbell can be reached at (903) 786-3148 ext. 106. If he is unavailable, or you would rather, you can also reach out to Matt Stroud at St. Nicholas, Flower Mound (firstname.lastname@example.org). Matt is the Warden for the All Saints Board of Directors.
- What do I need to pack? We recommend comfortable clothes based on the weather, any toiletries and medications you might need, and something to take notes. All of the bed linens and towels will be provided (pillow & blanket too!). A boat ride is possible as well, so you may want to pack a swimsuit.
- What if I can’t be there the entire time? Then let us know when you sign up! We have set up the form, so you can let us know which night(s) you are able to stay and how many of the meals you will need.
- What if I don’t know anyone? Well - and don’t take this the wrong way - great! That is kind of the point - to get to know one another and have a fun time together. We would love a great mix of big churches, small churches, rural and urban churches. You don't have to be a paid youth leader to attend. This is open to all volunteers that work with youth as well as those who are in paid positions. And yes, we will also talk about some youth ministry ‘best practices’ and exchange some ideas which are probably topics that you - as a youth leader and/or worker - are passionate about! Right!?! So why not give it a try?
- Can I invite others to join me? Yes! If they are 1. an adult that currently works with youth or is interested in working in youth ministry and 2. are a part of the Diocese of Dallas, they are more than welcome to attend!
- How do I sign up again?